Mar 21, 2011

Global Perspectives

Tomorrow our group is heading to Boston to investigate how a person's worldview is shaped by their background and heritage. In addition to conducting interviews with visitors and residents of Boston we will also be meeting with Professor Stone of Boston University, visiting Chinatown, investigating different cultures at the Museum of Fine Arts, and collecting newspapers from around the globe.

In the 21st century it is more important than ever for citizens to have a global perspective when thinking about how their actions and the actions of their governments can influence people around the world. Tomorrow will be another step along the journey towards greater cultural awareness.

1 comment:

Hans Mundahl said...

I'm really excited for this group - I recall that seeing my own country from the outside really helped me understand my own biases... and helped me realize that my world view is one among many equally valid perspectives.

Best of luck!