Mar 13, 2009

Celebration Time!


The JUA was a big success this year. Lots of questions, reflections, research and intellectual challenges.

Here is the slide show I played at School Meeting today. Due to the video quality restrictions on YouTube the email sequence in the beginning isn't very easy to read so here is what it says:

"Hi Dan! I wanted to drop you a line and let you know how the JUA went this year. The JUA doesn't mean the same thing to everyone.

That's okay, it doesn't have to.

Some folks don't really get it.
Some folks CRAZY get it.
Some folks (probably most folks) are someplace in the middle.

But here's what I know for sure: This year I saw folks who's minds were expanded. Who were inspired and overwhelmed. Who learned something new and had their beliefs challenged. Who thought, reflected, researched and reached.

So did we study (real)issues from (many)perspectives using (new)tools? Yes. We did that.

But even though the JUA is over . . . . for some of us . . . . we can't let it go.

Now let me see if I can do that experience justice in a slide show.

No comments: